9th May, Spanish customs will implement a new automated export system (AES) to replace ECS. According to the European Commission’s timetable, the AES system will be implemented by all Member States before the end of 2023. Among the main new features, the AES system entails a new configuration of export declaration data and the removal of the paper declaration.
In terms of procedure and data for clearance, the following should be noted:
- The possibility of using the pre-declaration is universal, although it is compulsory to send a message to customs informing them of the arrival of the goods at the premises where the export clearance will take place.
- In regard to transport, the following must be provided:
- Information on the transit countries to the final destination of the goods, except for the countries included in the attached file.
- The registration number of the trailer when there is inland transport, the tractor unit when crossing the external border and the seals used.
- Customs may request the CUS number for chemical products.
Our customs department is available for any additional information that you may require.